Marketing Strategy Case Studies - Choosing the Right Way Forward
suc+cess, n. - the attainment of wealth
The list of case studies below illustrates just a few examples of the many marketing strategy projects completed over the years.
Delivering in excess of 100% p.a. sales growth over a 3 year period
- A manufacturer wanted to create a Marketing function in its Europe, Middle East and Africa sales region.
- After undertaking a Marketing Audit, a Marketing Department was created from scratch by first developing a Strategic Marketing Plan, with associated budgets and procedures, and recruiting a high-quality team to deliver what was required.
- A comprehensive marketing mix was then implemented across EMEA using an Operational Marketing Plan. This included creating a superior Channel Marketing support programme for the company's resellers and distributors, plus generating sales leads from the end user marketplace using advertising, direct mail and telemarketing.
- Regional sales revenues grew 100% pa over a 3 year period. During one year, a reseller sold over £500k in 6 months from sales leads generated by the marketing programmes. Previously poor relationships with the channels were significantly improved by the channel marketing programmes.
Launching a complete Services Portfolio, increasing service revenues by 100% p.a. within a year
- Assess ways of increasing company revenues - and more importantly, profitability - for an IT integration company.
- A Business Review and Strategic Audit showed that selling more services offered such an opportunity and so a complete productised Services Portfolio (comprising Training, Support & Maintenance and Professional Services) was designed and launched, including a range of literature and promotional material.
- Inside 2 years, service revenues grew by 100% and services’ contribution to company profits increased from 25% to over 53%.
Driving company revenue growth of 25% p.a.
- ...by writing and implementing a strategic marketing plan targeted on creating business growth.
- To enhance and improve an outdated company image, a Branding Plan was written to redesign company branding (mission, logo and stationery) and create a new range of sales and marketing collateral.